Research shows that there are three key performance indicators that if favorable, can quantifiably improve audience and revenue growth. These indicators include media sales behavior, consumer perception, and platform strategies. Ideas to consider:
- Sales behaviors impact advertising - price and ROI can increase by 6% if sales teams do a better job.
- Advertisers are significantly more satisfied with their advertising if they have a good relationship with their rep – be sure to invest adequately in sales training.
- Consumers are willing to pay more for the newspaper if they feel it is worth paying for – provide enough quality content to keep them satisfied.
- Highlight what you are providing to readers – utilize visual cues (color code articles related to a particular topic), and remind readers about a continuing series, etc.
- Utilize various platforms to reach all audiences – 77% of adults 8-64 watch live streaming video compared to 85% of millennials.
- There is a lack of awareness about the availability of local news – boast about the amount of local information that is available on your various platforms.