America East 2015: Another year of growth, networking and top-quality programming
Attendees experienced top-notch sessions with industry leading speakers, unparalleled networking opportunities and a robust trade show floor.
HERSHEY, Pa. (April 9, 2015) — Nearly 900 registered participants traveled to the Hershey Lodge and Convention Center for the 2015 America East Media Business and Technology Conference last week – the Pennsylvania NewsMedia Association’s first collaboration on the event with 360 Media Alliance.
This year’s attendees, vendors and industry partners agree that the conference offered top-notch sessions and speakers, unparalleled networking opportunities and a sold-out trade show floor with more than 90 suppliers offering products and solutions designed to meet the needs and challenges of the news media industry.
The joint event offered business, technology and circulation session tracks, making the programming more robust and diverse than ever.
“This year’s event was a great success – we saw increased numbers of attendees and suppliers; interactive sessions and discussions; and a collaboration that brought an engaged audience to the 2015 America East conference,” said Tricia Greyshock, VP, Association Services, Pennsylvania NewsMedia Association.
The program’s dynamic offerings reflected the diverse needs and interests of today’s news media companies. Over the course of three days, more than 30 sessions and speakers touched on all areas of the industry.
- A keynote address by Earl J. Wilkinson, Executive Director & CEO of the International News Media Association (INMA). In his address, Wilkinson said that news consumers, advertisers and organizations are experiencing “two ends of the rope burning toward each other” as legacy print organizations continue to provide quality editorial content and offer the value of positive brand association, while digital-only players focus on highly engaging content.
- The announcement of nearly 40 Digital Media Contest winners. View a complete list.
- A lively secondary conversation on Twitter following many sessions using #AMEast15.
- Two social media boot camps sponsored by Local Media Association, which covered various ways – both paid and organic – that news media organizations can engage with consumers and assist advertisers through social media.
- An interactive general session on balancing traditional and digital products, during which a panel of industry experts examined the challenges and opportunities that exist for news media organizations in today’s digital age.
- Sessions on tech trends, monetizing mobile, new paid content strategies, engaging consumers, understanding and using big data and a circulation session on using web and email to generate revenue.
America East is administered by the PNA and 19 co-sponsoring state press associations and media partners. The annual conference focuses on maximizing print profit and generating new digital revenue. With its convenient, central location in Hershey, America East is the largest regional conference for the newspaper industry on the East Coast.
Mark your calendars for America East 2016: April 4-6 in Hershey, Pa.